DogGone Candles FAQ
- Are your candles 100% beeswax? DogGone Candles are made with 100% pure beeswax gathered in the USA, Organic Coconut Oil, and Organic and Natural fragrances.
- Are your candle wicks 100% cotton? Yes! We use cotton wicks that are coated in beeswax. No paraffin! No lead! No zinc!
- Why do cracks sometimes form on the top of my candle after burning? As beeswax cools, it shrinks slightly, which can sometimes cause cracking. This will in no way affect the quality of your candle or your burn time. The larger the diameter, the more possible it is to form cracks upon cooling.
- What is the white, powdery film that sometimes forms on my candle? There is a natural process called bloom that happens to 100% pure beeswax candles. Bloom refers to the whitish cast that appears on the top of the candle. It does not affect the way your candle will burn, and is simple a natural process of the softer oils of the beeswax rising to the surface. Bloom on a candle means it's pure beeswax!
- Do you make all of the candles that you sell? Absolutely!!! We hand pour each and every candle!
- What is the difference between beeswax and paraffin candles? Paraffin is a toxic byproduct. Paraffin candles are cheaper than beeswax candles, but they are made from a nonrenewable resource called Petroleum. Burning them gives off many of the same fumes found in auto exhaust!
- Do your candles contain any artificial ingredients? Never! Everything we use is 100% natural and safe.
- What makes beeswax candles better than other types? Beeswax candles burn longer and brighter! They also emit negative ions that actually clean the air!
- Why not soy? Although soy is a better choice than paraffin, even a 100% soy candle can release small amounts of the carcinogens found in paraffin.Why? ... Soy candles are almost always processed with a small amount of paraffin. Also, over 90% of soy crops are genetically modified. GM soy crops are heavily sprayed with toxic pesticides, which in turn hurt our environment and OUR HEALTH!
- Where does your beeswax come from? Our beeswax comes from a honey bee farm in California.